Towards Reaching the Sustainable Development Goals and the Human Right to Water and Sanitation for rural areas and small towns.
TRESH Project aims to help in capacity building for small water utilities in various counties in Kenya. The SANA team was charged with building the capacities of the Water Utilities in Migori and also mapping out the vulnerable groups within the same county.
The process is still ongoing and aims to achieve the best out of it.
SANA works with a co enterprise known as SANA Holdings Limited. SHL is majorly involved in;
- Support CBOs to be better managers of water supply utilities
- Build capacities in WASH.
- Ensure growth of Water Utilities from being small entities to strong innovative institutions through the introduction of pre paid meters and solar panels to provide electricity.
They have five key areas of action that include;
- Professional management of water supply utilities- LB through Pipeline extension from Ramba- Ogilo Secondary school.Thurdibuoro, Pipeline extension from Thurdibuoro to Mbugra
- Mobilization of Credit for Water and sanitation- continuing sites like BOYA, Kenyenya, Asengo.
- Outsourced services
- Networking and collaboration and Resource mobilization